"Ladies and Gentlemen,
Dear young people from all over the world,
the United Nations Youth and Student Association of Austria - Academic
Forum for Foreign Affairs (UNYSA-AUSTRIA-AFA) cordially invites
students and young graduates from 18 to 35 years from all educational
backgrounds and from all nations to the most important youth
conference in Vienna.
From 31 July to 04 August 2016 the Vienna International Model United
Nations (VIMUN) will take place directly at the UN Office at Vienna.
A Model United Nations (MUN) is a meeting where students authentically
simulate negotiations of specific committees and organs of the United
Nations. Participants choose a country and research their chosen
country's position regarding a specific topic. After preparation, they
step into the shoes of diplomats and represent this country in a
committee. They debate, convince, bring forward new solutions and
solve a world conflict with their own resolution.
Why participate at MUNs?
Thousands of students actively take part in MUNs, debating either at
training sessions at clubs or at international conferences that are
organized all over the world. The motivation for participation in MUNs
is simple, yet very convincing:
- improve your negotiation and debating skills
- become a better team-worker and leader
- get an insight into an UN diplomat's work
- make practical use of your political knowledge
- meet and stay in touch with students from all around the world
VIMUN welcomes experienced MUN participants (some Committees will be
exclusively reserved for advanced MUNers) but also attracts students
who take part at a MUN for the first time.
We will simulate/discuss the following committees/issues:
- Human Rights Council (HRC): "Human Rights and Private Military Companies"
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA): "Nuclear Terrorism"
- Security Council (SC): There will be an authentic simulation of the
UN SC (no fictional crisis).
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(UNESCO) - International Bioethics Committee (IBC): "Genetic
Manipulation and Gene Therapy"
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) - Commission on
Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ): "Combating Human
World Trade Organization (WTO): "The Global Employment Crisis"
We cordially invite you to find all further information on VIMUN at:
You can register via: http://afa.at/vimun/vimunregistration.htm
If you need any additional information our VIMUN Secretary General
Alexander HENZL stays at your disposal via firstname.lastname@example.org"