Fulbright Student Award to the United States 2020-2021
Fulbright information seminar at FSPAC Auditorium 101, 71 Gen. Traian Mosoiu St., Cluj-Napoca, 19 March, 13:00 – 14:00
The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 Fulbright Student Awardcompetition for master’s study or research in the United States. Applicants can be Romanian graduates – BA, MA or PhD students – from accredited public and private universities. BA students are also invited to apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study.
The Fulbright Student Award provides: international travel, tuition and university fees within established budget limits, books and supplies allowance, accident/sickness insurance and a living stipend for one academic year.
Second-year costs for the Romanian Fulbright master’s students may be covered depending on funds availability as well as on proof of good academic standing during the first year of study.
The applicants will be selected through open, merit-based competition to participate in quality graduate level programs in any academic field except the clinical ones (i.e. that include patient contact).
- ► Grant duration: one academic year (9 months, starting August 2020)
- ► Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- have Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
- hold at least a Bachelor’s degree (BA students may apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study);
- have English proficiency;
- if applying in law, applicants must hold a degree in that field.
► Each applicant will be required to submit:
- a complete online application (https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2020)
- three letters of recommendation from university professors
and/or other acknowledged Romanian or foreign professionals, submitted directly in the online application by referees or mailed as signed official paper copies (by May 7, 2019, postmarked); the letters of recommendations are also accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they are sent directly by the recommenders as scanned signed documents.
- academic transcripts and diplomas for all undergraduate and graduate levels, accompanied by translations, scanned and uploaded to the online application by May 7, 2019; official paper transcripts should be sent at a later date, only by those who are selected for interview; high-school transcripts and diplomas are not required.
Application deadline: May 7, 2019
Standardized tests are not obligatory in the first stages of the competition. Score reports will be required prior to October 31, 2019. Test vouchers for exam registration will be provided only to the Romanian final nominees whomust take TOEFL (for research) and TOEFL, GRE or GMAT (for master’s degree).
Please refer to the Complete Online Application Instructions: http://www.fulbright.ro/images/pdf/Instructions_Fulbright%20Student%20Award.pdf
Note: Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications lead to exclusion of the respective applicant from further selection process. Paper documents will not be returned.
For further information, please send your inquiries to: email@example.com www.fulbright.ro